1. Make sure you have something to say, and always remember that sometimes people might say things back.
2. Think before you post. Would you say this stuff to someone's face?
3. Use a nice layout and get creative, but remember--whatever you put out there, ANYONE can get to.
4. Don't just post a couple of times and then forget about it! Millions of people do that, and their blogs are lame!
Update as often as time allows, but please only let it lapse a couple of weeks or a month--not a couple of months or years.
5. Link your blog to other blogs from people of a like mind. Sometimes someone else will have something to add within
the same topic, and a lot more people may be interested in what you have to say than you may think.